Initiatives and Comments regarding Online and Open Access Publication
1. Open Access Poster
- Download PDF File (283 KB)
- The European Geosciences Union (EGU) is a signatory of the Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities (Berlin Declaration).
- All open access publications of the European Geosciences Union (EGU) are included in the directory of open access journals (DOAJ)
3. Initiatives and Background
Open Access Statements
Open Access Initiative
- Bethesda Statement on Open Access Publishing (Status:
20 June 2003)
- Wellcome Trust Position Statement on Open Access (issued: 1 October 2003)
- Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities (20–22 October 2003)
- OECD Declaration on Access to Research Data from Public Funding (issued: 30 January 2004)
- Timeline of the Open Access (by Peter Suber)
- News from the Open Access Movement
- SPARC Open Access Forum and Newsletter
- Directory of Open Access Journals (Lund University Libraries)
- Wellcome Trust Report An Economic Analysis of Scientific Research Publishing
- "A Changing Landscape" by Helen Doyle, Andy Gass and Debra Lappin (PDF File, 61 KB)
journal concept for improved scientific publishing and quality assurance"
Learned Publishing, 17, 105–113, April 2004 (invited article), (PDF File, 623 KB)
access: scientific quality assurance by interactive peer review and
German Physical Society (DPG), Munich, 23 March 2004 (invited presentation), (PDF File, 983 KB)
- "Interactive peer review enhances journal quality"
Research Information, September/October 2004
and how shall open access publishing improve scientific communication and
US National Academy of Sciences and National Research Council, Chemical Sciences Roundtable,
Washington, 25 October 2004 (invited presentation), (PDF File, 893 KB)
zugänglich und transparent begutachtet"
Forschung & Lehre (German), March 2005
[ Back ]