Lecturer in Palaeontology
University of Graz
Researchers and students at the University of Graz are shaping tomorrow’s world. We are addressing a broad spectrum of specialist issues and responding strategically to diverse social challenges. The University of Graz is also a place where achievement is rewarded, careers are planned, and social diversity is promoted – all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto: We work for tomorrow. Join us!
The Institute of Earth Sciences is looking for a
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment until 6 years; position to be filled as of September 2nd 2019 )
- Independent conducting of lectures and examinations in German and English language within the Bachelor and Master programmes in Geosciences and the teacher training in biology and environment (12 weekly hours per semester)
- Supervision of Bachelor’s and Master’s theses in palaeontology and stratigraphy
- Contribution to research projects
- Organisational and administrative tasks related to teaching
- Completed doctorate in palaeontology and stratigraphy or equivalent
- Didactic competence for the conducting of courses
- Commitment and independent way of working
- Very good command of German and English
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3803.90 gross/month (40 hours/week). This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: April 24th 2019
Reference Number: MB/62/99 ex 2018/19
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents before the stated deadline to: