PhD position in seismic monitoring and strong ground motion parameters estimation
Earth Science, Fluid-Dynamics, and Mathematics. Interactions and Methods
This PhD course is based at the Department of Mathematics and Geosciences at the University of Trieste, that has been awarded the title of Department of Excellence 2018-2022 from MIUR, the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research.
Applicants should apply through this link: http://www2.units.it/immatricolazioni/dottorati/
Applicants should provide the following documents during the online application:
1. proof of identity mandatory
2. curriculum vitae et studiorum, focusing on experience prior to the PhD and on degree thesis activity (description of techniques acquired, personal contribution, etc) mandatory
3. university qualifications:
a for graduates or near-graduates in Italy: self-certification of the examinations and relevant scores of second-cycle degree (Laurea magistrale or specialistica) or single-cycle degree (Laurea, delivered prior to the reformed university system). Only for graduates: self-certification of the degree final mark.
Self-certification can be drafted using the form available online, or using the online services of the issuing University, where applicable.
b for graduates from abroad:
Master diploma/certificate or equivalent qualification giving access to the Doctoral Programme + Transcript of Records including examinations and scores obtained. Where applicable, a Diploma Supplement can be submitted instead of the Transcript. The academic qualification must be comparable by duration and level (and, where applicable, by subject area) with the Italian degree mandatory giving access to the Doctoral Programme and allow access to the PhD in the issuing country.
c. for near-graduates from abroad:
Transcript of Records including examinations and scores obtained in the academic Programme (Master or equivalent). The Transcript must indicate the name of the qualification to be awarded which must be comparable by duration and level (and, where applicable, by subject area) with the required Italian degree and allow access to the PhD in the issuing country.
Please note that if all documents as described in points b. and c. are issued in a language other than English or Italian, a translation must be included, along with the original document
4. for graduates and near-graduates: abstract of the degree thesis (i.e. Master degree or comparable qualification) to be drawn up according to the template “Thesis Abstract form” available online. mandatory
5. motivational letter, including a description of a possible project in one of the research lines of the Doctoral Programme. The proposal must identify objectives, methods as well as personal competencies. Please use only the “Research Project” form, available online. The project is required for the purpose of assessing the candidate’s aptitude for research.
Further information and the tutorial for the registration of the website can be found in the following link: http://www2.units.it/dott/en/?file=DottBandi.inc&cod=2019