Luminescence dating researcher
CENIEH is a scientific and technical infrastructure opened to the use of the scientific and technological community, that facilitates research into the field of Human Evolution during Pliocene and Pleistocene eras, promoting awareness and transfer of knowledge to society as well as supporting collaboration with excavations at archaeological sites form these periods, both in Spain and in other parts of the world. Besides, CENIEH is also responsible for the conservation, restoration, management and record of palaeontological collections from the excavations at Atapuerca and other sites, both nationally and internationally, with similar characteristics that reach agreements with the Center.
CENIEH is the only infrastructure contained in the Map of Unique Scientific and Technical infrastructure (ICTS) in the field of Humanities.
The center was created as a Consortium between the Ministry of Economy, Industry and
Competitiveness (MINECO) and the Regional Government of Castile and Leon (JCyL), although it depends formally to the State General Administration since May 2016. The Government and Administration bodies of the Consortium are the Governing Council, the Executive Board and the Director.
Geochemistry, Mineralogy, Petrology & Volcanology (GMPV)
Stratigraphy, Sedimentology and Palaeontology (SSP)
CENIEH opens the selection process for one position of of Luminescence dating researcher, for an indefinite term, to work on the luminescence dating line of research, maintaining the capacities and characteristics of the laboratory up to date, as well as methods to enhance the analytic capacity in the field of geochronology.
The researcher will undertake the following tasks, among others:
- Supervise and direct the research activities of the Luminescence Laboratory.
- Create and implant new analytical protocols.
- Conduct and supervise the development and implementation of the dating method.
- In coordination with the Laboratory technician, collaborate in providing services to users of the infrastructure and technical advice about the use and applications of the available and appropriate instrumental techniques, supporting the services. Advise, when requested, on the compilation of the reports, and to sign them where applicable.
For further information about the process, evaluation criteria and phases, please visit our website: https://www.cenieh.es/en/about-cenieh/vacancies/lumi-072019
Those who would like to participate in this process should send the following documentation, indicating the reference of the position applied for (LUMI _072019), via the CENIEH website, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by regular mail to the address Paseo Sierra de Atapuerca, No. 3, 09002 Burgos, Spain:
- Curriculum vitae including the experience required.
- Research Statement (maximum 2 pages) including projects and research plans to be conducted at the CENIEH if appointed to the post, and including its compatibility with the support required for the Laboratory services.
- Two letters of reference.
- Employment history issued by the “Tesorería de la Seguridad Social”, or equivalent certificates for those who have worked in other countries.
- Copy of DNI or passport.
- Doctoral degree certificate for its consideration in the selection process.
Applications may be submitted at any time up to 6 January 2020, inclusive