General Assembly special sessions
The EGU General Assembly is a large event both in size and in the number of disciplines represented. Aside from science, the meeting also features a number of sessions that highlight non-scientific skills and information that may be of interest to General Assembly participants, from policy to diversity and equality. This page lists those sessions that are not necessarily scientific in nature but that can be of relevance to a broad pool of participants. The following categories are featured:
- Early career scientists: Sessions that have a strong early career scientist (ECS) focus and, hence, are especially relevant to this target audience. These are selected by the EGU Communications Officer and the EGU ECS representatives.
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion: Sessions and meetings dedicated to equality and diversity, selected by the Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Working Group.
- Media: Sessions, selected by the EGU Media and Communications Manager, that could be of interest to journalists taking part in the General Assembly because they include one or more newsworthy abstracts.
- Policy: Science-policy related sessions that aim to help researchers gain a greater understanding of EU policy processes and how they can become more involved. These are selected by the EGU Policy Officer.
- Public engagement: Sessions, selected by EGU communications staff, that are of interest to those involved or wanting to be involved in science communication, outreach and education.
If you think a session or event is missing in any of the above categories, please email EGU's Head of Media, Communications and Outreach at email@example.com with a link to the session, and the category where it should be listed and why.