More EGU news items are available on the EGU website.
- This month EGU held its first webinar, EGU journals: open access publishing, public peer review and the new EGUsphere, which members can now view on YouTube. The series will include future sessions on careers outside of academia and getting more involved in education, among other topics.
- The Outreach Committee, which focuses on public engagement activities, communication with scientists and the media, and policy issues, is seeking new members. Brief applications are due by 20 March 2020.
- Another great EGU volunteer opportunity: apply now to be a division Early Career Scientist (ECS) representative!
- Press release: Air pollution in New York City linked to wildfires hundreds of miles away
- Abstracts for the 7th EGU Galileo Conference – the second workshop on isotope-based studies of water partitioning and plant-soil interactions – are due on 30 April 2020. The meeting will be held in Hannover, Germany from 22–24 July.
- The abstract deadline for the 8th EGU Galileo Conference, to be held in Napoli, Italy from 5–8 October, is 31 March 2020. The meeting will explore the European vision for hydrological observations and experimentation.
- If you're interested in funding a public outreach project, please remember that applications for EGU Public Engagement Grants are due on 15 February 2020.