Regular Membership in the EGU is open to individuals who subscribe to the objectives of the Union and who are professionally engaged in or associated with geosciences and planetary and space sciences and related studies. Those applying for student or retired senior dues should be able to proof their student status or their status to be age 60 or older and retired from full-time employment, respectively.
Membership is on a calendar year basis. Membership applications received after 1 December will be made effective as of 1 January of the following year, unless otherwise requested. Membership renewal: annual invoices requesting payment of membership fees and subscription to EGU journals are sent out at the end of the preceding year.
Benefits for EGU Members
- Substantial lower registration rates at EGU General Assemblies.
- Registration at membership rates at annual meetings of the AGU and the AOGS.
- Greatly reduced subscription rates to the printed versions of all official EGU publications.
- A quarterly newsletter – distributed for free in the form of an interactive PDF file.
- Participation in the Plenary Session during the General Assembly.
- Assistance by & through the permanent EGU Offices.
|Regular Membership:||20,- EUR|
|Student Membership:||10,- EUR|
|Retired Senior Membership:||10,- EUR|
|Life Membership*:||500,- EUR|
* A Life Membership is unlimited and gives access to the EGU Lounge on-site at the General Assembly.
Please note that all membership subscriptions are handled by the Copernicus Gesellschaft mbH.