Renewable Energy in Central and Eastern Europe
- Type of degree
- Energy, Resources and the Environment
- Vienna, Austria
- Course language
With the MSc Program the participants acquire knowledge and competence for
- planning with regard to the use of renewable energy,
- economically and technically expediently operating plants for the use of renewable energy,
- assessing technical and economical opportunities to use renewable energy.
Three aspects have been given special consideration:
- Technical Innovations
Participants acquire a basic technical knowledge in the area of alternative energy production. The fast-changing nature and development of this sector are specifically considered. Focal points are solar energy, wind power, biomass, biogas, small hydropower stations, photovoltaics, bio fuel, and geothermal technology as well as issues, such as, energy saving and energy efficiency.
- Management of Sustainable Energy Systems
Conveys skills, such as project development, project financing, project operation, and knowledge on business management. Furthermore, participants obtain a detailed market overview on Central and Eastern Europe.
- EU-Extension and Legal Basics
Participants obtain knowledge on the frameworks of European laws and directives as well as on national legal provisions and goals in Central and Eastern Europe.