To encourage cohesion and sustained dialogue within specialist research communities, the EGU hosts a number of conference series. Each series is targeted at a specific disciplinary or interdisciplinary group within the broader EGU constituency, offering conferences, typically with changing themes, at regular intervals. These conference series serve to cement and drive the evolution of established fields.
Each series has its own format and tradition, but shared characteristics include limited size, open discussion, special attention to contributions by students and early career scientists and participation by ‘outsiders’. EGU conference series are developed by or in close cooperation with the Union scientific divisions.
List of conference series
- Ada Lovelace Workshops on Modelling Mantle and Lithosphere Dynamics
- Alexander von Humboldt Conferences
- Angioletta Coradini Conferences on Solar System and Planetary Processes
- Emile Argand Conferences on Alpine Geological Studies
- Leonardo Conferences on Earth's Hydrological Cycle
- Mary Anning Conferences on Biogeochemical Processes in the Earth System
- Plinius Conferences on Mediterranean Risks