Training schools: Requesting support
This page provides information for EGU members interested in submitting a meeting support request.
Requirements and benefits
- The event must be scientific and have a well-defined topic, commensurate with the stated aims of the EGU meetings programme within which it is to take place.
- The event must have a scientific/teaching committee of international composition and stature. This committee must cover all aspects of the event topic in expert fashion.
- The event must have broad, international participation, not favouring delegates from any particular country or nation.
- The event must have a structure and programme optimised to achieve the stated aims of the EGU meetings programme.
- The scientific/teaching committee is responsible for the implementation of the scientific programme of the event.
- The event must be organised on a cost-price basis, participation fees and external sponsorship covering the budget in its entirety, unless the EGU pledges funds or support in kind.
- Selected proposals must acknowledge EGU support on the event website and through event communications.
- The event should not be held during the EGU General Assembly.
- The applicant must be an EGU member, neither incoming nor actively holding a role within EGU Council at the time of the application.
- Proposals selected by the EGU are offered financial support with the primary focus of facilitating participation of Early Career Scientists. 60% of the support is paid upfront while the remaining 40% is provided upon event completion and reporting. Typically, financial support does not exceed EUR 6000.
- Upon acceptance of EGU support, the organisers must return a signed contract. Following the event, a report of activities and expenditure statement must be provided to the EGU Topical Events Committee. In addition, where applicable, an invoice should be made out to EGU within one month of event completion.
Submit a new support request
Proposals for EGU sponsorship of events can be submitted only during the official submission periods. All proposals will be considered for approval by the Topical Events Committee. Decisions for or against support are based on scientific merit, timeliness, relevance and feasibility of the proposal, and cannot be disputed by the applicant(s).
Support request submissions are currently closed.
Next submission period will be from 8 May – 30 June 2023. Evaluation results are expected to be published within three months after the submission deadline.