EGU training schools offer early career scientists specialist training opportunities they do not normally have access to in their home institutions. This is done by assembling a group of expert teachers around a narrowly defined theme, technique or approach, in a location that is especially well set up to meet the specific training needs. Training schools can be positioned near emerging research opportunities, rapidly evolving fields, interdisciplinary approaches or highly specialised skills. They foster bonds between early career scientists and give them a chance to meet and discuss with current leaders of their field.
The EGU financial support must be used to facilitate the participation of early career scientists with limited funding through travel grants and/or to support the quality of the school by organising field trips or by inviting exceptional lecturers.
For more information and to apply, go to the requesting support page.
If you have any questions regarding co-sponsoring of training schools please do not hesitate to contact:
Recently co-sponsored training schools
- 7th Snow Science Winter School
- CNDS/EGU Summer School on Natural Hazards in the Anthropocene
- Sixth EGU Summer School "STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF CRYSTALLINE ROCKS"
- Mathematics for Signal processing and Applications in Geophysics and other fields (MaSAG23) Summer School and Conference
- EGU School on Multiscale Characterisation of Atmospheric New Particle Formation
- International School on Foraminifera
- Connecting Science and Practice in Urban Wetlands
- 2023 Glacial Isostatic Adjustment Training School
- Tools in Biogeochemistry Workshop 2023
- GOOD-OARS Summer School 2023