Post-doctoral research position in Speleothem Paleoclimatology
|Categories||Climate and Paleoclimatology
|Salary||25200 - 31800 € / Year|
|Application Deadline||31 August 2017|
|Posted||21 July 2017|
Position: Post-doctoral researcher in speleothem geochemistry and paleoclimatology.
Duration: full-time, 18 months starting 1st October 2017
Gross monthly salary between 2100 and 2650 € according to experience
Minimum level of expertise required: PhD
Place of work: Saint-Girons, Ariège, S. France
We offer a postdoctoral position focussing on paleoclimate proxies in carbonate speleothems. The successful candidate will join the research group working on paleoclimate natural archives in the frame of the interdisciplinary EU-funded Ectopyr Project at SETE.
The researcher will be in charge of establishing geochemical time-series, in particular from stable isotope proxies in speleothems sampled in several Pyrenean karstic caves, and will lead the analyses and interpretation of these series in terms of paleoclimate. He / she will be invited to take part in the meetings and collective discussions of the ECTOPYR project and to interact with the other components of the project as well as with the Spanish and Andorrans partners.
Qualifications and competences
- PhD in Earth Science or geochemistry.
- Expertise in carbonate isotopic geochemistry applied to paleoclimate reconstructions, with a practice of related laboratory analytical techniques.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary context.
- An experience in speleothem studies and motivated interest for speleology and karstic caves would be highly appreciated.
SETE is a CNRS – Toulouse University joint research unit of some 60 staff, located in Moulis (Ariège, S. France). Research themes are centred on the impact of global changes on continental ecosystems and biodiversity.
The successful candidate will work in the frame of the interdisciplinary Poctefa Interreg project ECTOPYR (Pyrenean Ectotherms, bio-indicators of climate change) and specifically in the project action Paleoclim ‘Paleoclimate Natural Archives – impact of past fluctuations on the diversity of Pyrenean territories”. The aim of Paleoclim is to decipher changes of Pyrenean climate during the Holocene.
All analytical facilities required for this work are available on site in Moulis or at the Toulouse University platforms.
Please send the following documents by e-mail to: email@example.com
1) Curriculum Vitae (1-2 pages).
2) Detailed list of publications including DOI for each publication
3) Motivation letter for this position
4) Coordinates of at least one reference person: title, name, organisation, e-mail.
[ Back ]