Science Communication & Policy Officer
European Chemical Society (EuChemS)
The office is located in the heart of the EU quarter in Brussels. EuChemS is an umbrella organisation representing national Chemical Societies and other chemistry-related organisations in Europe. EuChemS aims to nurture a platform for scientific discussion and to provide a single European voice on key policy issues in chemistry and related fields. Through the promotion of chemistry and by providing expert and scientific advice, EuChemS aims to take part in the solution to today´s major societal challenges.
We offer you an exciting job in a European environment, with the potential of meeting and networking with a wide range of contacts from policymakers to scientists. You will be able to expand your expertise in policy analysis, communications, and of honing organisational, IT, design and language skills. You will receive a competitive salary commensurate with your experience, and extra-legal benefits.
The applicant should fulfill the following requirements:
- University degree in a relevant area, for example, European Studies, Science Communication;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French. Additional languages are always a plus;
- IT skills with experience in website content management (WordPress) and social media networks;
- Advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel – including managing databases;
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and EU decision-making processes;
- Ability to communicate efficiently internally and externally;
- Interest and curiosity in chemistry, science, research and education.
Function & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and reporting on European policy topics related to the work of the association;
- Managing the web page and social media accounts;
- Writing newsletters, position papers, news articles, press releases and speeches;– Assisting in organising various policy and management related events and meetings;
- Assisting the General Secretary in the daily management of the association;– Traveling several times a year in Europe for meetings and events.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com by 18 November 2019.