Locum Associate or Senior Editor (Biogeochemistry), Nature Geoscience
Nature Research, Springer Nature
Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
Ocean Sciences (OS)
Soil System Sciences (SSS)
Do you love science but feel that a career as a scientist isn’t enough to sate your desire to learn? Do you enjoy reading papers outside your chosen area of research? If your answer is ‘yes’ to these questions, you could be the person we are looking for to join the editorial team of <i>Nature Geoscience</i>.
We seek a locum associate or senior editor to represent the community of biogeochemistry researchers at the prestigious journal <i>Nature Geoscience</i> (http://www.nature.com/ngeo/). The editor will promote the journal’s coverage of the various fields within this broad discipline in the primary research, reviews and opinion sections of the journal.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- Research experience to PhD level (or equivalent) in one or more disciplines that fall within this field, such as ocean biogeochemistry, atmospheric chemistry, terrestrial biogeochemistry, carbon cycle, or similar. However, strong candidates from other areas of the geosciences will also be considered. Postdoctoral experience and broad training will be an advantage.
- A passion for science and a thirst to learn more. You must be able to demonstrate the breadth of your interest in scientific research, both within and beyond your speciality.
- The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from different areas of this discipline.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Be eager to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
The position is offered on a full-time basis for a period of 9 months, and will ideally be based in our London office (exceptions can be considered for strong candidates).
To apply, please visit: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=27650&company=C0001215517P
Applicants should send:
- A CV (including a brief account of their research and other relevant experience).
- A research highlight in Nature style (about 150 words) on a recent Nature Geoscience paper.
- A brief cover letter explaining their interest in the post and their salary expectations.
Please contact the journal (email@example.com) for any queries regarding the position.