Posdoctoral Researcher in Electron Spin Resonance dating
CENIEH is a scientific and technical infrastructure opened to the use of the scientific and technological community, that facilitates research into the field of Human Evolution during Pliocene and Pleistocene eras, promoting awareness and transfer of knowledge to society as well as supporting collaboration with excavations at archaeological sites form these periods, both in Spain and in other parts of the world. Besides, CENIEH is also responsible for the conservation, restoration, management and record of palaeontological collections from the excavations at Atapuerca and other sites, both nationally and internationally, with similar characteristics that reach agreements with the Center.
CENIEH is the only infrastructure contained in the Map of Unique Scientific and Technical infrastructure (ICTS) in the field of Humanities.
The center was created as a Consortium between the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness (MINECO) and the Regional Government of Castile and Leon (JCyL), although it depends formally to the State General Administration since May 2016. The Government and Administration bodies of the Consortium are the Governing Council, the Executive Board and the Director.
Geochemistry, Mineralogy, Petrology & Volcanology (GMPV)
Stratigraphy, Sedimentology and Palaeontology (SSP)
Researcher in Electron Spin Resonance dating
CENIEH opens the selection process for one position of Electron Spin Resonance dating Researcher, for an indefinite term, to work on the Electron Spin Resonance dating line of research, maintaining the capacities and characteristics of the laboratory up to date, as well as methods to enhance the analytic capacity in the field of geochronology.
The researcher will undertake the following tasks, among others:
- Supervise and direct the research activities of the Electron Spin Resonance (ESR) Laboratory.
- Create and implant new analytical protocols.
- Conduct and supervise the development and implementation of the dating method.
- In coordination with the Laboratory technician, collaborate in providing services to users of the infrastructure and technical advice about the use and applications of the available and appropriate instrumental techniques, supporting the services. Advise, when requested, on the compilation of the reports, and to sign them where applicable.
For further information about the process, evaluation criteria and phases, please visit our website:
Those who would like to participate in this process should send the following documentation, indicating the reference of the position applied for (ESR_012020), via the CENIEH website, by email to email@example.com, or by regular mail to the address Paseo Sierra de Atapuerca, No. 3, 09002 Burgos, Spain:
1. The curriculum vitae indicating in detail the sections subject to assessment in the process.
2. Research Statement (maximum 2 pages) including projects and research plans to be conducted at the CENIEH if appointed to the post.
3. Two letters of reference.
4. Employment history issued by the “Tesorería de la Seguridad Social”, or equivalent certificates for those who have worked in other countries.
5. Copy of DNI/NIE or passport.
6. Doctoral degree certificate for its consideration in the selection process.
Applications may be submitted at any time up to April 26, 2020 inclusive.