Information Management Co-ordinator
Earth and Space Science Informatics (ESSI)
EUMETSAT is Europe’s meteorological satellite agency – monitoring the weather and climate from space – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
This is your chance to contribute to a world leading earth observation programme, set to generate global weather forecasting and climate monitoring benefits. As an Information Management Coordinator, you will be at the heart of ensuring all elements of this complex system work together to deliver world leading meteorological products.
In the EUMETSAT matrix organisation, the Technical and Scientific Support (TSS) department provides support to the development and operations of EUMETSAT satellite systems, ground systems, as well as quality assurance and management support services to the full organisation. The Information Management Co-ordinator sits within the TSS department and provides information and documentation management support to all EUMETSAT business areas, contributing to the evolution of the overall Information Management framework.
- Ensure that information and documentation conform to applicable IM processes, procedures and working practices;
- Promote awareness and use of IM plans, working practices and support tools;
- Implement information and retention policies and participate in their quantitative and qualitative monitoring, as well as their update;
- Perform activities of the standard Information Management lifecycle, such as receipt and registration of information items (e.g. documents), maintenance of electronic filing system, maintenance and improvement of templates, liaison with engineering teams on baselined information, etc.;
- Contribute to the evolution of IM processes, procedures, working practices and tools towards digital information management, including:
o Provision of advice and guidance;
o Participation in or coordination of projects in areas such as collaboration, search or digital preservation;
o Functional support to the deployment of IM support tools (specifications, testing, user guidance, etc.).
What we offer
- Generous salary, of up to Euro 5,800 / month NET (after income tax) based on skills and experience
- Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
- Excellent medical coverage for employee and family
- Attractive pension
- 30 days of annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
- Training and development support
- Relocation allowance and support (if applicable)
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience using enterprise-wide content management tools in a documentation/information-intensive industry (e.g. aerospace, defence, finance, or similar);
- Ability to handle peaks of workload by self-organisation and management of priorities;
- Ability to provide advice/guidance to users in order to ensure information and document management working practices are followed;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong service and customer focus;
- Project management experience would be an asset.
- Qualification or professional certification in information management, records management or a related domain;
More about us
EUMETSAT’s role is to establish and operate meteorological satellites to monitor the weather and climate from space – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This information is supplied to the National Meteorological Services of the organisation’s Member and Cooperating States in Europe, as well as other users worldwide.
EUMETSAT also operates several Copernicus missions on behalf of the European Union and provide data services to the Copernicus marine and atmospheric services and their users.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT can recruit nationals only from the 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom).