Research fellowship on "Integrated water harvesting and water management planning for water scarce areas"
Department of Agriculture, Food, Environment and Forestry (DAGRI) - Università degli Studi di Firenze
Integrated water harvesting and water management planning for water scarce
The research fellowship activities will be mainly carried out within the project “TransAgua: valorização das boas práticas dos pastores transumantes em gestão dos recursos hídricos e adaptação às mudanças climáticas” – funded by the “FRESAN (FED / 2017 / 389-710) FORTALECIMENTO DA RESILIÊNCIA AND SEGURANÇA ALIMENTAR E NUTRICIONAL EM ANGOLA” program – where the DAGRI Department is involved for water resource management in support of the transhumant shepherds of the region.
The research fellow will carry out:
- analysis of the best localization (best siting) for water harvesting structures and shallow tubewells in alluvial aquifers in GIS environment,
- support to local technicians for the design of the works,
- monitoring and data collection,
- interaction with project partners,
- training and training-on-building site of project beneficiaries,
- writing project reports and scientific articles.
The call for application can be found at the link:
(English version from page 22).