PhD positions in the field of Reactive Flow and Transport in Chalk Reservoirs
Geochemistry, Mineralogy, Petrology & Volcanology (GMPV)
The Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Centre (Centre for Oil and Gas – DTU), Technical University of Denmark (DTU), invites applicants for PhD positions on reactive flow and transport in chalk reservoirs. Centre for Oil and Gas – DTU is established by the Danish Underground Consortium and DTU. As part of a national strategy on oil and gas, the research centre conducts research to improve future production of oil and gas from the Danish North Sea. The Centre’s research seeks to increase sustainability through improved cost efficiency and reduced environmental impact.
Responsibilities and tasks
The main objective of the projects is to study different applications for both produced water reinjection and well abondenment processes in chalk hydrocarbon fields. We aim to describe in detail the response of the well and near wellbore area to multiple altered (bio-)chemical injection solutions under reservoir conditions. This will be used to design applied solutions for produced water reinjection as well as clogging near wellbore area. The work consist of both numerical modelling and laboratory experiments. The positions will be an integrated part of our research programmes with the focus on reducing the environemntal footprint of production and P&A operations for chalk reservoirs in the Danish part of the North Sea.
- M.Sc. degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Earth / Environmental Sciences or other relevant areas;
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of reactive flow and transport in porous media and wells;
- A good knowledge of geochemistry and/or geomicrobiology is very valuable.
- Practical experience with scientific programming languages and laboratory work are desirable
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment as an independent researcher;
- Good writing and communication skills in English;