Youth academic leader；Tenure track professor, associate professor；Endowed position；Postdoctoral position
School of Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering, Wuhan University
1. School of Water Resources and Hydropower of Wuhan University
The School of Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering (SWRHE) of Wuhan University is dedicated to both higher education and advanced scientific research mainly in the field of water resources and hydropower engineering. Supported by both “211 Project” and “985 Project”, the discipline of water resources engineering of Wuhan University was among the first batch of national key disciplines of China. The school has been ranked top three in water resources disciplines in China among three consecutive academic evaluations organized by the Academic Degree Evaluation Center of the Ministry of Education of China since 2007. Currently, it has been selected to be sponsored by the “Double First-Class Construction Plan for Universities” of Chinese government and is aimed to become one of the leading academic centers of water resources and hydropower engineering in the world through performance enhancement.
The school consists of four departments, i.e. Department of Agricultural Water Resources Engineering, Department of Hydropower Engineering, Department of Harbor, Waterway and Coastal Engineering, and Department of Hydrology and Water Resources. Besides these four departments, the school has also established three research-oriented institutes, i.e. the Institute of Smart Water, the Institute of Hydro-Ecology, and the Institute of Engineering Risk and Disaster Prevention. The school owns one national scientific research platform, i.e. the State Key Laboratory of Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering Science, one national experimental teaching center, i.e. the State Experimental Teaching Center of Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering，and two school-affiliated provincial platforms, including Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Rock Mechanics in Hydraulic Structural Engineering, and Hubei Provincial Collaborative Innovation Center of Water Resources Security.
The school currently employs 229 faculty and staff, including 81 professors and 63 associate professors. Among them, there is 1 academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 1 academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, 3 chief scientists of the “973” projects, 3 “Chang Jiang Program” Scholars of the Ministry of Education, 5 winners of the National Outstanding Young Scientists Fund, 6 winners of the National Excellent Young Scientists Fund, and 6 scholars of “Thousand Talent Program for Young Scientists”. In order to develop new discipline directions to meet the demands of social and technological developments and to enhance the international competitive competences of the Wuhan University’s water resources discipline in both higher education and scientific research, recruitment is now open to call for outstanding scholars of related research directions at home and abroad, of any nationalities, to join the School of Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering of Wuhan University.
2. The State Key Laboratory of Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering Science
The State Key Laboratory of Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering Science was approved by Ministry of Science and Technology of China in the year of 2003 to be established in Wuhan University. The laboratory is under the direct administration of Wuhan University and operates independently, with an aim to create an innovation platform for scientific research and engineering application in the fields of water resources and hydropower engineering. Currently, the laboratory occupies a total area of 12,200 m2 and owns the fixed assets worth 80 million RMB. With a large number of instruments and experimental systems equipped and developed for various kinds of complex and comprehensive scientific researches, the laboratory has now become the one of leading laboratories of the same kind in China and abroad.
The laboratory consists of five research sections, i.e. hydrology and water resources, agricultural irrigation, river engineering, hydraulic structure, and hydropower station operation and management. The section directors are responsible for managing the research groups or programs. The research positions are divided into the tenure type and the contract type, which are all open for application.
The laboratory staff currently consists of 119 persons, including 78 fixed researchers, 32 un-fixed researchers and 9 technicians. Prof. Zhi MAO is a member of Chinese Academy of Engineering. Prof. Jun XIA is a member of Chinese Academy of Sciences. Prof. Shenglian Guo is a member of Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences.
The laboratory has made outstanding achievements in the following research fields: nonlinear flood forecasting; sustainable management of water resources; water-saving irrigation; management and control of effluent irrigation; inter-basin water transfer; river sedimentation; hydropower resources exploitation; optimal design of hydropower station; optimal construction of hydropower project; transient process of hydropower stations, and so on.
Soil System Sciences (SSS)
1. Research directions
1) Quantitative-qualitative evolution and integrated management of water resources: data-driven hydrology, urban hydrology, eco-hydrology, global change hydrology, water environmental modeling, integrated management of water resources, water economy and water policy, etc.
2) Agricultural water and soil resources utilization: mechanism and simulation of agricultural water-food-ecology environment processes; optimization of agricultural water resources; agricultural non-point source pollution prevention and control; environmental protection of soil and groundwater; artificial intelligence and smart irrigation districts, etc.
3) River-lake dynamics and urban water processes: basic theories of sediment transport, theories and techniques of river modeling, regulation techniques of river channel and waterway, environmental hydraulics, eco-hydraulics, urban water processes, urban flood modeling, etc.
4) Hydropower Engineering: Engineering safety and health diagnosis of hydraulic structures, engineering safety of dam-reservoir system, organization and management of engineering construction, water conveyance and diversion and urban deep tunnel engineering, reliability and risk management of engineering structures, artificial intelligence and disaster prevention and alleviation, hydraulic machinery and operation safety, clean energy, etc.
5) Ecological process and Eco-restoration：eDNA and molecular biology, freshwater ecology, ecological big data processing, ecological remote sensing and its application, etc.
1) Youth academic leader, including national high-level talent plan positions.
2) Tenure track professor, associate professor positions.
3) Endowed positions, including distinguished researcher and distinguished associate researcher. Referring to institution management measures, institutional personnel can be transferred to regular faculty positions.
4) Postdoctoral positions. Generally, it is required to obtain a PhD degree in a top 200 foreign university or a domestic high-level university or research institute, and the applicant should be under the age of 35 and obtain his or her PhD degree within the recent 3 years .
- Less than 40 years old. The particularly excellent can be relaxed appropriately.
- With a doctorate degree from a well-known overseas university; or with a domestic doctorate degree and working experiences in academic institutions for more than 3 years.
- Outstanding young talents at home and abroad who have achieved certain achievements in related fields or have good potential.
Step 1: Individual application
Applicants should send required materials to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 31, 2021:
- Resume. Applicants are requested to send a detailed resume, which includes basic personal information, foreign language proficiency, education background, work experience, academic innovation, scientific research achievements, work expectations, etc.
- Relevant materials that can fully reflect academic achievements, including catalogue of works, academic papers (indicating the impact factor and Journal Citation Reports partition, and the number of citations for each paper), scientific awards and research projects hosted or participated in.
- Provide contact information of at least 3 domestic and/or overseas peer experts, and recommendation letters from them are required.
Step 2: Qualification examination
Qualification examination will be conducted the next workday after receiving application materials and the results will be notified to applicants within 5 workdays.