Permanent Senior Researcher (African climate dynamics) at the Bjerknes Centre
NORCE Norwegian Research Center
Climate: Past, Present & Future (CL)
NORCE Climate is one of four partners of the Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research in Bergen, Norway. The Bjerknes centre is one of the largest climate research communities in the world, with about 250 researchers. Our offices are at the Geophysical institute, where Vilhelm and Jack Bjerknes and the Bergen School of Meteorology developed the Norwegian Cyclone Model.
We are now looking for a renowned expert on African climate dynamics to engage in our many activities in Africa, including the EU project CONFER. The position is permanent.
The following experience and education are required/preferable:
- A PhD in meteorology, geography or similar and relevant disciplines is required
- Specialist level expertise and at least 5 years of relevant experience in tropical weather and climate research primarily in Africa is required
- A proven track record of publications commensurate with experience is required
- Deep knowledge of the national meteorological services in Africa and experience from working with them are strongly preferable
- A proven track record for attracting research funding is strongly preferable