Postdoctoral Researcher Position in Integrated Groundwater-Land Surface Modeling of Agroecosystems
University of California Riverside
The Catchment Hydrology and Spatial Analysis Lab (https://www.hooriajami.ucr.edu/) in the Department of Environmental Sciences at University of California-Riverside invites applications for a postdoctoral researcher position in Integrated Groundwater-Land Surface Modeling to understand ecohydrologic processes of mountain-valley aquifer systems in the Sierra Nevada California. The selected candidate will lead the Integrated Groundwater-Land Surface Modeling experiments using the ParFlow.CLM model in the Kaweah River watershed as part of the NRCS/USDA ARS CEAP project. The specific objectives of the project are to improve understanding of surface water-groundwater interactions at catchment scale, and assess the impacts of irrigation and managed aquifer recharge practices on groundwater resources. This research position will provide an exceptional professional development opportunity in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment.
The successful candidate should hold a Ph.D. in Hydrology, Civil and Environmental Engineering or a related field with a specialization in physical hydrology or hydrogeology. Candidates must have received a PhD within the past five years from an accredited college or university.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong programming skills in a Unix/Linux environment;
- Experience using ParFlow.CLM or other integrated modeling platforms;
- Experience with High Performance computing;
- Demonstrated record of high-quality publications;
- Demonstrated success working and communicating in a team environment;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Cover letter describing the applicant’s research experience and interests
- Curriculum vitae
- Names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers for 3 references
Applications or informal inquiries can be sent to Dr. Hoori Ajami (email@example.com) with CEAP POSTDOC as the subject line. Applications will be accepted immediately and until the position is filled. The initial appointment will be for one year with the possibility of annual renewal based on satisfactory performance.