Team leader, Academic leader, Academic activist in Marine Meteorology, Physical Oceanography, Marine Technology, Marine Acoustics, Marine Biology, Marine Chemistry, Marine Geology and other ocean-related professional research directions.
Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology
The Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology (NUIST) is known as “the cradle of meteorological expertise”, is located at the northern part of Dragon King Mountain, the core area of Nanjing Jiangbei New Area, and has a worldwide influence in the field of the earth sciences. The university was founded in 1960 and was designated as a national key university by the State Council in 1978. In 2017, it was selected to be formed as a national “Double First Class” and a Jiangsu high-level university. Presently, a multi-party joint construction mechanism has been formed, including the People’s Government of Jiangsu Province, the Ministry of Education, the China Meteorological Administration, the State Oceanic Administration, and the University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
To adapt to changing times and to meet the country’s strategic needs in transitioning into a world ocean power, NUIST established the School of Marine Science in 2012. This college has three undergraduate majors: Marine Science, Marine Technology, and Marine Resources and Environmental Science. Currently, Marine Science is classified as a first-class undergraduate special major on both provincial (Jiangsu) and national levels.
Following the approval of NUIST, to support the creation of national first-class disciplines, a special area for oceanographic expertise has been established in the School of Marine Science, and consists of more than 30 team leaders, academic leaders and academic activists from China and other countries. For outstanding experts who meet the requirements, the salary (annual salary, settlement allowance, etc.) will be increased by more than 20% on the basis of the university’s existing standards.
Geosciences Instrumentation and Data Systems (GI)
Ocean Sciences (OS)
Marine Meteorology, Physical Oceanography, Marine Technology, Marine Acoustics, Marine Biology, Marine Chemistry, Marine Geology and other ocean-related professional research directions.
Position: (1) Team leader; (2) Academic leader; (3) Academic activist
2. Recruitment requirements and conditions
(1) Basic requirements
Possess good personality, academic and professional ethics, are law-abiding, and should be in excellent physical and mental health.
(2) Team leader
1. Possesses a high professional title, presided over major national projects (such as: National Natural Science Foundation of China Outstanding Youth Fund/Major/Key Projects, National Science and Technology Major Projects, National Key R&D Programs, etc.), or have achieved outstanding results recognized by domestic and foreign counterparts. Strong organization and coordination ability;
2. No nationality restrictions, younger than 55 (in some outstanding cases, the maximum age can be raised);
3. Must meet the requirements of our university’s High-Level Talents or Longshan Academic Level Three or higher.
Requirements reference URL:
4. The annual salary starts from 900,000 RMB. Settlement fees and research start-up fees are discussed in accordance with the standards of the Marine Talent Special Section;
5. Assist in the formation of a scientific research team, with no restrictions on the number of positions and establishment of departments. Team formation and recruitment of team members must meet hiring requirements.
(3) Academic Leader
1. Have the ability of an academic leader, have obtained high academic attainments in related fields. The applicant should also be influential in their field and have published many high-level academic papers in world-class journals as either the corresponding author or first author. The applicant should also be responsible for many cutting-edge scientific research projects. Those who are selected into provincial and ministerial talent projects, preside over national key scientific research projects, or have achieved results of the same level are preferred;
2. No nationality restrictions, and the age is under 45 years (can be expanded in some outstanding cases);
3. It must meet the requirements of the Longshan Academic Fourth or Fifth Level in our university;
Requirements reference URL:
4. The annual salary starts from 400,000 RMB. Settlement fees and research start-up fees are discussed in accordance with the standards of the Marine Talent Special Section;
(4) Academic Activist
1. Should be a PhD (Post Doc) holder, associate professor (or those with equivalent titles) in well-known universities or scientific research institutions in China and other countries, who have published many papers in well-known professional journals as the first author. Applicants with PhDs acquired from the world’s top 200 universities are preferred;
2. The age of excellent PhD (or post-doctoral PhDs) should generally be under 35 (can be expanded in some outstanding cases);
3. Settlement fees and research start-up fees are discussed in accordance with the standards of the Marine Talent Special Section;
1. Time: Year-round. Feel free to contact the university at any time.
2. Applicants should provide the following materials:
(1) “Application Form for High-level Talents of Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology”;
(2) Scanned copies of certificates of academic qualifications, degrees, titles, and award certificates;
(3) Scanned copies of 3-5 representative works in the past five years.
Please send the above materials to the application mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Mrs. Ding
Contact number: +86-025-58695698