Tenure-Track Position in Cloud Physics
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna
Climate: Past, Present & Future (CL)
The Department of Water, Atmosphere and Environment, Institute of Meteorology and Climatology wishes to fill a career position in compliance with § 99 (5) UG (tenure-track) in the field of Meteorology and Climatology with a focus on Cloud Physics.
We are particularly interested in colleagues with a focus on precipitation and cloud processes at different scales whose research involves observations with ground-based remote sensing (weather and cloud radar systems) and in-situ instruments and the improvement of the model representation of cloud micro-physical processes or precipitation events.
We offer an open, creative, and innovative work environment in one of the most liveable cities in the world. Future colleagues are expected to contribute to the development of the research programs of the institute as well as to advising, teaching, and administration.
Informal inquiries regarding the position and institute can be directed to Prof. Harald Rieder (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application Deadline: extended to 1.7.2022
Further details regarding the position are provided here “ https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/786073 “ and here “ https://boku.ac.at/fileadmin/data/H01000/mitteilungsblatt-jobs/2022/KZ99_LBSe.pdf “
§99 (5) positions offer academics with high potential and the relevant achievements the opportunity of an academic carrier ranging from a postdoc position to that of assistant professor and on to associated professor. The position of associated professor can be achieved at the latest six years after the appointment. §99 (5) positions are aimed at academics with a doctorate/PhD degree, with high potential, who are close to or have already successfully completed a habilitation. Experience at other universities or research institutes abroad is expressly welcome.
The University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour. People with disabilities and appropriate qualifications are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application in English incl.
- Curriculum vitae with detailed presentation of professional, teaching and research activities incl. ORCID
- List of all publications (refereed & non-refereed), lectures and projects
- Electronic transmission of the PDF files of five own publications which you consider to be particularly important
- Rough concept for future plans in research and teaching including your contribution to the scientific profile of the Department
- Teaching portfolio including evaluation results
- Brief explanation why you think you should be particularly suitable for this position (max. 1 page)
- Contact details of 3 professionals willing to provide a letter of reference
and indicating the reference code 99 to email@example.com until 1st of July 2022.