EGU training schools offer early career scientists specialist training opportunities they do not normally have access to in their home institutions. This is done by assembling a group of expert teachers around a narrowly defined theme, technique or approach, in a location that is especially well set up to meet the specific training needs. Training schools can be positioned near emerging research opportunities, rapidly evolving fields, interdisciplinary approaches or highly specialised skills. They foster bonds between early career scientists and give them a chance to meet and discuss with current leaders of their field.
The EGU financial support must be used to facilitate the participation of early career scientists with limited funding through travel grants and/or to support the quality of the school by organising field trips or by inviting exceptional lecturers.
For more information and to apply, go to the requesting support page.
If you have any questions regarding co-sponsoring of training schools please do not hesitate to contact:
Claudio RosenbergTopical Events Committee Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Recently co-sponsored training schools
Call for 2020
In this call, the EGU received 27 proposals, 14 of which are being co-sponsored, corresponding to a total of 87000 EUR.
- A hands-on introduction to Numerical Weather Prediction Models: Understanding and Experimenting
- My First Cube-Constellation
- CNDS/EGU Summer School on Natural Hazards in the Anthropocene
- 3rd IAG-EGU Intensive Course on "Geomorphology of Natural Hazards in Mediterranean Areas: from Field Survey to Risk Assessment"
- Empirical and ab initio thermodynamic models of minerals and melts
- Wood and charcoals in Mediterranean forest ecology: anatomical identification and functional traits to interpret past and current climate changes
- Summer School on Hydrological Model Calibration, Prediction, Sensitivity Analysis and Uncertainty Estimation (SCIMITAR-2020)
- “Dendroecology, quantitative wood anatomy and stable isotopes: from xylogenesis to tree rings
- Deformation Processes in the Lower Crust (Bohemian Massif, Austria) - 3
- MEREMA 2nd Edition - International School on Mantle Dynamics
- 13th International School on Foraminifera
- INASSET: INTERNATIONAL NANNOPLANKTON ASSOCIATION SUMMER SCHOOL ON EVOLUTION AND TAXONOMY
- 6th Snow Science Winter School (SSWS)
- Marine Biogeochemistry Trainning School on: Biogeochemical and ecological dimensions of a changing ocean