Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Group seeks a new Eastern European member
23 November 2021
The European Geosciences Union (EGU) Group on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion promotes and supports equality, diversity and inclusion of opportunities in the Earth, planetary and space sciences, with a focus on EGU activities. The group also works closely with the EGU Council and Outreach Committee as well as representatives from partner organisations to raise awareness of the broad value of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion within the scientific community.
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Group is seeking a new member to represent the views of Eastern European geoscientists within the working group and to contribute to actions to increase their participation in the European Geosciences Union.
The prospective candidate should be a representative of Eastern Europe and have:
- Experience of working in research within Eastern Europe (current affiliation and experience of at least 10 years in Eastern European country/ies)
- A scientific network in Eastern Europe
- Demonstrated motivation to pursue equality, diversity and inclusion actions to enhance Eastern European participation
- Awareness of EGU mission and activities
- A willingness and ability to work as part of a diverse group
Applicants should provide a letter addressing the above listed points (max. 1 page) and a summary CV (max. 2 pages). Candidates should send their materials in a single pdf document to Claudia Jesus-Rydin (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the EGU Executive Secretary, Philippe Courtial (email@example.com), by 31 January 2022.
For further information concerning the positions, which are voluntary, please contact Claudia Jesus-Rydin, the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Group Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).